Info Korporat (9)
In the formulation of strategic planning and in ensuring that Ministry of Youth and Sports (MYS) assumes the role of a parent body to the youth and sports development, it is a necessity that MYS specify the target group or client. It is also important for MYS to specify the target group to facilitate in planning the desired youth and sports programmes to be implemented and to ensure that the objectives and messages needed to be delivered through the programmes will reach the target groups.
MYS target groups are:
• All Malaysians
• Youth between the age of 15 to 40 years (National Youth Development Policy)
• High Performance Athletes (National Sports Council Act)
• Government Agencies
• Sports Organizations (Sports Development Act 1997)
• Youth Organizations
• Non-Governmental Organizations
NYSD's strategies to achieve the objectives are as follows:
• Enhancing the leadership, entrepreneurship, skills, volunteerism development programmes and management for the target groups;
• Providing facilities and support to the youth and sports organizations;
• Enhancing volunteerism and patriotic programmes among the target groups;
• Maximizing volunteerism and patriotic programmes among the target groups;
• Maximizing the usage of sport infrastructures and facilities;
• Provide effective marketing and promotion to attract target groups;
• Monitor and evaluate the programmes' effectiveness.
To achieve the objective, we pledge:
• Provide 1500 Fitness Programmes to Malaysians within a year;
• Provide 1500 youth and Rakan Muda development programmes within a year;
• Uploading the current information online within 2 working days;
• Confirm receipt of complaints and enquiries within 1 working day and provide responses to complaints within 3 days;
• Inform decisions on grants applications for activities assistance submitted by the youth organizations and sports bodies within 3 days from the meeting date; and
• Process payment within 14 days provided that the documents submitted are complete.
Progressive, United, Virtuous Youth and Sports Oriented Community by 2020
• Develop youth who are competent in leadership, skills, entrepreneurship and volunteerism.
• Fostering the spirit of patriotism, solidarity and values through quality lifestyle.
• Developing visionary youth.
• Fostering sporting culture through mass participation towards creating an active, fit and united society.
• Produce youth who have Leadership Qualities, Skillful, Entrepreneurial and High on Volunteerism.
• Empowering youth and sports organizations.
• Increase the awareness and participation in Mass Sports.
• Produce youth who are creative, considerate, skilled and dynamic.
• Develop youth who are visionary, responsible, virtuous and integrated.
Ministry of Youth and Sports was established on 3rd. of May 1964 and was known as the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports. Following the establishment of the Ministry of Culture, Arts and Tourism on 20th. May 1987, the cultural function was placed under the new Ministry.
In the year 2000, the National Youth and Sports Department was established headed by a Director General, three Deputy Director Generals, namely, the Deputy Director General of Youth Development, Deputy Director General of Sport Development and the Deputy Director General of Rakan Muda Development.The management and support services division is headed by a Director. There are 15 State Youth and Sports Department Directors and 116 District Youth and Sports Offices.