Pentadbir Laman JBS
Progressive, United, Virtuous Youth and Sports Oriented Community by 2020
• Develop youth who are competent in leadership, skills, entrepreneurship and volunteerism.
• Fostering the spirit of patriotism, solidarity and values through quality lifestyle.
• Developing visionary youth.
• Fostering sporting culture through mass participation towards creating an active, fit and united society.
• Produce youth who have Leadership Qualities, Skillful, Entrepreneurial and High on Volunteerism.
• Empowering youth and sports organizations.
• Increase the awareness and participation in Mass Sports.
• Produce youth who are creative, considerate, skilled and dynamic.
• Develop youth who are visionary, responsible, virtuous and integrated.
Ministry of Youth and Sports was established on 3rd. of May 1964 and was known as the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports. Following the establishment of the Ministry of Culture, Arts and Tourism on 20th. May 1987, the cultural function was placed under the new Ministry.
In the year 2000, the National Youth and Sports Department was established headed by a Director General, three Deputy Director Generals, namely, the Deputy Director General of Youth Development, Deputy Director General of Sport Development and the Deputy Director General of Rakan Muda Development.The management and support services division is headed by a Director. There are 15 State Youth and Sports Department Directors and 116 District Youth and Sports Offices.